Re: Subversion NetworkManager not operational (for me).

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-dbus-sys=/etc/dbus-1/system.d\
>> --with-wpa_supplicant=/sbin/wpa_supplicant\
>> --with-dhcdbd=/usr/sbin/dhcdbd --with-distro=debian
>
> There are no --with-wpa_supplicant and --with-dhcdbd configure flags anymore.

I have recompiled without these options.

> You need wpa_supplicant >= 0.5.8 built with dbus support (see if
> wpa_supplicant --help shows '-u' flag). NM doesn't try to start it so
> you'll either need to start it manually (as root, with -u) before
> running NM or use dbus 1.1.x which has system service activation. (For
> that to work, you'll need patches from fedora 8 wpa_supplicant package
> until Dan gets them upstream).

I have dbus 1.1.1 installed and my wpa_supplicant does support the -u
flag. However, this still does not explain why the wired tg3 connection
is not started. If you look at the logs, it even gets a DHCP lease but
NM does not realise this for some reason.

Any further suggestions to get wired ethernet working? Then I will work
on solving the wireless problem.

Thanks again,

Fred.