Re: NetworkManager keeps asking for secret phrase

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 14:48 +0200, Firas Swidan, PhD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to connect to my WAP wireless network and NetworkManager
> keeps asking for the secret phrase without connecting. Is there anything
> specific that I need to do to stop this and make the connection?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Firas.

There is some  confusion here. I suspect you mean WEP. If it is asking you for a
secret phrase it means is is not open to anyone who connects. You need
to know the (usually 40 bit or 104 bit) string that was set up on the
AP. Note that 104 bits is 13 ASCII characters.

You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because
you might not get there. -- Yogi Berra