Re: WPA Enterprise TTLS

Robert Love a écrit :
> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 18:38 +0000, bloch verdurin com wrote:
>
>> Today I've been trying to connect to a wireless network that uses
>> 802.11x.
>>
>> I was told by someone who connected using an Apple laptop that I needed
>> to use TTLS "with PAP".  In the WPA Enterprise window that appeared when
>> I tried to connect using Network Manager, there was no option I could
>> see to choose PAP instead of anything else.
>>
>> Is this a missing feature or am I missing something?
>>
>> I'm using the version in FC5.
>>
>> I can send a log file if that would be helpful.
>
> If you need to use PAP as the second-stage authenticator, we do not
> support that.  I have been intending to add second-stage authentication,
> but I don't know a lot about it.
>
> If you could get a hold of a working wpa_supplicant.conf for your
> configuration, that would be a start.
>
> 	Robert Love

Hello

I've got the same problem, and I have a wpa_supplicant config which
works for me.
It is equivalent to the config you can see in this page for MS Windows
(it's a web page of the university where I work):
http://wifi.uvsq.fr/secure.php

For resuming (in french):
- Authentification réseau : WPA2 - Entreprise
- Chiffrement des données : AES - CCMP
- Type d'authentification : TTLS
- Protocole d'Authentification : PAP
- Références de l'utilisateur: Demander à chaque connexion
and a ssl certificate is needed too.

Here is my wpa_supplicant config file (attachement). I hope it will help.

I stay tuned if you wan't me to give more details or to test something.
But unfortunately I've no (or just a bit) experience in developping.

Regards
--
Sylvain Courtois
http://absolut.taket.org/