nm-vpn api questions (re: nm-os).

Looking for an overview of how I should be programmatically building my UI for configuring vpn connections. I got it all wrong and I'm looking for some clarity before I re-work my code.

I accidentally assumed I could build my own top-level window and then populate it, only now realizing that's just never going to work. So can someone explain (in general terms -- I can figure out how to code it) how I should go about building the UI elements I need to configure my IPsec connections?

From what I can see, re-reading other plugin code, i think I'm supposed to be adding widgets to a container window provided by the wizard. Is that correct? Where can I look for the reference to the window I should be appending my widgets to?

thanks in advance,

steve.