Re: integration with /etc/network/interfaces

Henry Andrew wrote:

If there is an equivalent tool supplied with network-manager, does it do exactly the same thing that “/etc/init.d/networking restart” does, including restarting the nm-applet stuff?

Regards,

andrew

Hi Andrew,

you can easily restart it the same way, there are two scripts in /etc/init.d/ concerning the network manager (at least on my debian system): network-manager and network-manager-dispatch. Although I'm not certain if restarting both is required, a simple "/etc/init.d/network-manager restart && /etc/init.d/network-manager-dispatch restart" will probably do the work..

regards,
Uri