Re: Wireless DHCP overwrites DNS settings

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 20:22 -0400, Darren Albers wrote:
> On 10/31/07, Jason Martens <me jasonmartens com> wrote:
> > I'm still having the problem where my DNS settings are overwritten by
> > the wireless connection, even though I am still connected to the VPN.
> > Attached is the syslog output.  Note, I'm on Ubuntu Gutsy now, but I had
> > the same problem on Debian Lenny about 2 weeks ago.
> >
> > Jason
> >

> As Sourav pointed out setting your nameservers via the NetworkSettings
> tab will be overwritten by NM since the applications are not aware of
> each other.   If you want to hardcode a DNS server you should do it in
> dhclient.conf

I didn't change my nameservers.  *Something* is changing them while I'm
still connected to my VPN, which means that I can't access anything via
DNS after about 15 minutes of being connected.  I either have to
disconnect the VPN, or manually change the resolv.conf back to the
proper settings for my VPN connection (which will get overwritten again
in 15 minutes).  Annoying, to say the least.

Jason