Re: Merge network manager with network monitor

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 12:34 +0100, Filip Sedivy wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I am sorry to post question this way. I was wondering if it is
> possible to merge somehow functionality of network monitor to network
> manager. It would be nice to see network traffic visually by flashing
> of the icon with 2 computers. I know that you can install the network
> monitor applet but I think this is something that network manager
> should do by itself. I am using Gnome on Ubuntu 7.10.

I'd second that request. Not so much interested in watching traffic, but
more the connection status.

I've got a wireless connection which drops out from time to time, but
often recovering before NM notices. Obviously I'd rather that didn't
happen at all, but when it does, the network monitor applet shows pretty
much instantly when the connection is out, and when it comes back. So I
keep both of them on the panel. Having just one would be nice...

Simon.