Da: Ritesh Khadgaray <khadgaray gmail com>
A: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
Cc: network manager <networkmanager-list gnome org>
Inviato: Venerdì 25 maggio 2007, 21:58:19
Oggetto: Re: blocking bug for laptop users ( rfkill on dell laptop )

On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 16:21 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 15:21 +0530, Ritesh Khadgaray wrote:
> <snip>
> > Is this supposed to send a dbus message ?
> > The only thing i was able to see is bluez hardware removed, and thats
> > all :(
> >
> > I use a Dell D620 , with rkill switch mapped against bluetooth, and
> > wireless .
>
> Which is what's supposed to happen for Bluetooth on Dells.
>
> The API is explained in the HAL spec.

Sorry, i was unable to locate this at the urls posted below
http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/hal-spec/hal-spec.html
http://people.redhat.com/davidz/hal-spec/hal-spec.html

> It's mainly useful to deactivate a Bluetooth or WLAN device in software,
> not really to see what a possible rfkill switch in hardware does...

I was able to see that with rfkill, NM is waiting for hal have this
fixed .

reference :
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0612.0/2060.html

I am able to see /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/dell_wlan_switch path in
hal listing . The value of this does not change with rfkill switch
state.

  i do see hal not listing my wireless card when rfkill switch is "off",
but NM still list wireless under menu. This behaviour was not seen when
i had used a pcmcia wireless card ( ornico ) .

--
Ritesh Khadgaray
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ