Re: WPA-EAP with phase2

Why does network manager insist on setting the pairwise/group ciphers at
all? The wpa_supplicant default is

  pairwise=CCMP TKIP
  group=CCMP TKIP WEP104 WEP40

and that should cover all bases. Side effect: one less configuration
option, yay!

For those that transmit sensitive information via broadcast  one could
have a checkbox "Avoid WEP ciphers" or some such. But in that scenario
these ciphers really have to be turned off on the AP side, disallowing
them on the client side just makes it impossible to connect.

Irregardless, I really don't understand why anybody would use
pairwise=TKIP and group=WEP104. Old hardware that only needs to see
broadcast packets?

Volker