Re: configure network manager for Option HSDPA Card

On 5/20/07, Nico Jabin <nico jabin gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I've got my Option HSDPA Card to work on Ubuntu, following the
instructions on http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/printthread.php?t=21726.

Not knowing very much about networks, I was wondering whether I could
use network manager to handle this connection, by configuring a manual
modem.

The settings in the wvdial.conf at the above address has the following
HSDPA settings:

[Dialer Defaults]
Phone = *99***1#
Username = username
Password = password
Stupid Mode = 1
Dial Command = ATDT

[Dialer pin]
Init1 = AT+CPIN=1234

[Dialer option_hsdpa]
Modem = /dev/noz0
Baud = 460800
Init2 = ATZ
Init3 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ISDN = 0
Modem Type = Analog Modem

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Nico

At this time NM does not support PPP though it is being actively
worked on.  I have a GSM card as well and until NM supports it I stop
NM and then use GRPSEC to connect.