Re: WPA connection/reconnection timeouts

Dan,
could not this be added viewed as an advanced configuration option, rather than a fix(which it is not).

Dan Williams wrote:
On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 14:22 +0200, Fionn Behrens wrote:
Andrew Baumann wrote:

I've rebuilt with limits of 40s and 30s respectively, and this works well for me (no more failed connections or dropouts). I can see why you might be hesitant to increase these timeouts by default, but can I suggest that they be set in a configuration file?
I have created a patch for this, which is attached to launchpad where this problem has been filed for months: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/64173

The patch allows setting the timeout at runtime via nm-tool. Unfortunately it seems to have gone totally unnoticed by now, despite the fact that the bug appears to be linked to upstream (bugzilla.gnome.org).

It's not unnoticed, it's just the wrong fix for the problem and
therefore won't get upstream into NetworkManager.

Dan

There are also a couple of other stupid hard coded values in NM that should be configurable IMHO but I didn't have time to tackle them yet.

kind regards,
		Fionn