Re: Scannning

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 14:59 +0000, yelo_3 wrote:
> > Right, that's a bug.  The scan shouldn't get rescheduled a further 20
> > seconds every time the menu is dropped down, it should let the 20s
> > timeout run down first.
> > Dan
>
> In my case the scan is not done, even If I wait for the 20 seconds timeout.
>
> Can someone tell me the differences between how nm and iwlist scan for new networks?

There are essentially none, except that the 'iwlist scan' obviously
starts a scan right away, and blocks waiting on the scan results, while
NetworkManager schedules scans at various points in time because it's
not a command-line tool that you explicitly invoke from a terminal.  But
the internal process is pretty much the same.