Re: Scannning

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 00:12 +0000, yelo_3 wrote:
> It is simpler: Sorry I was not clear. I was not connected, and I was moving around to search for the correct AP (there is only one for students)
>
> In this case and in the case that wireless was off, scanning is not fast enough

Ok, good.  In this case, we can make NM scan more frequently quite
easily, because you're not connected to anything.  The problem with
frequent scans is really only when you're connected.  Sorry for all the
misunderstanding :)  We may still need to back that down somewhat, since
active scanning does take battery power on a laptop, and not all drivers
support passive scanning.

So now that all this is sorted out, we can do a few things:

1) scan quickly after a GUI event like app menu dropdown, right now that
doesn't happen quite as quickly as we'd all like

2) change the max scan timeout while disconnected to be somewhat lower

Dan