Re: keyring manager

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 19:09 +0000, Jon Escombe wrote:
> Jon Nettleton wrote:
> >> Which doesn't work if you are using a non-password based login technique
> >> (key, fingerprint, etc).
> >
> > Is this still the case?  I know back in August the guys from pam_bioapi
> > were working on embedding an encrypted password in the biometric
> > signature file.  This would enable the biometric scanner to then
> > unencrypt it and pass that along in the pam stack as PAM_AUTHTOK for the
> > other services that needed it.
> >

> It's still the case when using pam_thinkfinger at least... Perhaps I'm
> just missing a better way to configure it all?

Quick follow up for the records.  pam_bioapi does indeed allow for the
storage of a password in the fingerprint.  It is not secured yet, but I
think they are working on that.  This functionality does allow a person
to authenticate with their finger and then the pam_bioapi module will
pass the stored password down the pam stack.  I hope this helps someone
out.

Jon