Re: keyring manager

Jon Nettleton wrote:
On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 14:50 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 14:16 +0000, Jon Escombe wrote:
If you just want to avoid entering the password after logon, you could also look at pam_keyring which will silently give it the logon password..
Which doesn't work if you are using a non-password based login technique
(key, fingerprint, etc).

Is this still the case?  I know back in August the guys from pam_bioapi
were working on embedding an encrypted password in the biometric
signature file.  This would enable the biometric scanner to then
unencrypt it and pass that along in the pam stack as PAM_AUTHTOK for the
other services that needed it.

It's still the case when using pam_thinkfinger at least... Perhaps I'm just missing a better way to configure it all?

Regards,
Jon.