Re: nm-applet breakage/fixage

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 11:46 +0100, Michael Croes wrote:
> I succesfully compiled NetworkManager revision 2467 and wrote an
> ebuild that works fine right now. Next problem was
> network-manager-applet. Now it seems there have been quite some
> changes in NetworkManager which caused some breakage in
> network-manager-applet, so it certainly won't compile with minor
> changes atm. I'd be very happy to (at least try to) fix the current
> network-manager-applet, but it would be nice if there's some
> description about the changes in NetworkManager to do so. Is there
> some place where this is documented in more detail than is done in the
> svn comments? Or is there someone that can explain the changes to me
> on irc/mail/msn or anything?

You should use the NETWORKMANAGER_0_6_0_RELEASE branch for "bleeding
edge". The SVN trunk has new DBUS API and doesn't currently work at all
with nm-applet.

If you want to help out with the development, see
NetworkManager/libnm-glib/*.[ch] and replace the DBUS code in nm-applet
with libnm-glib code.

Tambet