Re: network-manager-applet release

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 03:47 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Am Montag, den 12.03.2007, 19:34 -0700 schrieb Elijah Newren:
> > it'd be great to have a tarball release.  In fact, nm-applet can't be
> > included in the GNOME release without having a tarball release to
> > include.  I'm very tempted to just request that nm-applet be
> > re-proposed for inclusion in 2.20, but maybe if we get a tarball
> > quickly...
>
> whouah, still no release? this makes me pretty pissed.
>
> this is exactly the maintainer behaviour that would let me vote for "no"
> if nm-applet would be proposed again for inclusion into gnome:
> "Module owners should show they can hit release deadlines" - oh yeah.

I don't think it's really going to work out since the schedules are
somewhat different.  There likely won't be a NM 0.6.5 release for
another week or two since there's a crash or two in LEAP support that I
feel need to be nailed before that happens.  I'm not sure it makes sense
to release an applet with LEAP support when the main daemon is still
0.6.4 and doesn't support LEAP.  Even so, there shouldn't be an
incompatibility between the two even if the versions are different for
the 0.6.x line.  But if the only reason people are asking for this to be
shotgunned through is to "get it in a gnome release" it's a commit and
make distcheck away, but I don't like that.

Dan