Feature request: restarting NM from nm-applet

I have issues with nm-applet and probably dbus, which doesn't recognize my USB Cable modem. So every time I plug in the USB modem I have to restart NetworkManager by hand. Same with my wireless card which has the switch off/on button. So I would like to see a restart option (or rather rescan option) in nm-applet which will look for recently added/removed NICs.

Radek