Re: ipw srcipts for hal

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 13:33 +0200, dragoran wrote:
> yelo_3 wrote:
> > I've had a look at your implementation. I have a question:
> > Think if someone has 2 ipw cards (I don't know if it is possible, but
> > think it is, since it is an example)
> > will he have 2 killswitches in hal, or just one?
> > If it has two, the script is executed two times, so it would be better
> > to pass to the script the interface to kill, instead of doing a for
> > among all interfaces which have a killswitch
> thats a good question... but It should be possible  (pccard? , but dunno
> if intel offers that) but than both would have the same killswitch
> anyway, but hal would show two.

I think the scripts will provide multiple killswitches, one for each ipw
device found.  And once ipwWirelessCtl uses the UDI that's passed to it,
it should work fine with multiple killswitches.

What other tools like NetworkManager do is another question; right now
NM will kill _all_ radios when it detects one that's killed.  I don't
see any reason to change that right now.  If the laptop actually has a
physical killswitch, it certainly doesn't have more than one for wifi
specifically, so I'm not sure we care about support multiple independent
wifi killswitches in NM right now.