Re: Strange NetweorkManager behavior.

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 17:40 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this. Sometimes when I am connected to a wireless
>  access point using nm-applet and NetworkManager the system in F7 says I
>  am connected to a wired network. Any comments out there?

Seen something similar, not sure if it's related. I use a desktop
machine connecting via wireless, never over ethernet. Normally, NM
attempts to connect to wireless as soon as I log in, but on some
occasions lately, it seems to think it's got a wired connection -
nm-applet displays that icon, and it doesn't prompt for keyring
password. It certainly doesn't have a wired connection - no cable is
connected, and /sys/class/net/eth0/carrier reports 0.

This is running NM 0.6.5 and nm-applet 0.6.5, both build from tarballs
on an LFS system. I've been running those for a while though - the only
things that have changed that might affect NM are a) rebuilding NM with
the patch for Atheros signal strength, and b) upgrading kernel from
2.6.20.7 to to 2.6.21.5.

Simon.