Re: Wired network unavailable

On 6/9/07, Jeroen van de Nieuwenhof <lists vandenieuwenhof nl> wrote:
Hi,

I use NetworkManager (on Ubuntu Feisty) to connect to wireless networks
and everything runs pretty fine.

However, when i plug in a ethernet cable in my laptop, the wired network
is always unavailable in NetworkManager. If i restart my system the
wired connection is available though. What can i do to solve this?

This is my /etc/network/interfaces:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0 #wired interface
auto eth1 #wireless interface

Regards,

Jeroen

What type of NIC is it?  I think a few NIC cards don't properly support link detection, though I think this is really rare now.