Re: Good News in LEAP-land

Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net> writes:

> Well it looks like your patch for the LEAP authentication now works.
> And it works as I predicted it should. That is,  when you try to
> reconnect to the access point the program asks you for your keyring
> passwd and connects.

Nice!

> Which leaves me with two questions:
>

> 1. Does any one want the new rpms that I have created? If so where
> should I send them?
>
> 2. How does one decide whether a %patchN line  should appear before the
> tar -xjf %{SOURCE1}
> line or after it in the .spec file?

It would depend on whether the patch affects the code in the applet
or not.  If it's modifying the applet then it needs to happen after the
tar.  If it's only modifying the main network manager server code then
it can happen anywhere.

> Anyway, Jon, thanks for your efforts to get this matter resolved. I can
> now LEAP freely without bother.

Good to hear.  Maybe this patch can get into SVN?

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available