Re: Bad news on LEAP fix patch - the story continues

Ryan Novosielski wrote:

Jon Escombe wrote:
----- "Aaron Konstam" <akonstam sbcglobal net> wrote:

Now we are really getting into black magic. I changed the lines:

%prep
%setup -q
%patch0 -p1 -b .startup-dhcdbd
%patch2 -p1 -b .linkdebug
%patch3 -p1 -b .no-killswitch-fix
%patch4 -p1 -b .LEAP_passwd

# unpack the applet
tar -xjf %{SOURCE1}
%patch1 -p1 -b .buildfix

%prep
%setup -q
%patch0 -p1 -b .startup-dhcdbd
%patch2 -p1 -b .linkdebug
%patch3 -p1 -b .no-killswitch-fix

# unpack the applet
tar -xjf %{SOURCE1}
%patch1 -p1 -b .buildfix
%patch4 -p1 -b .LEAP_passwd

and now executing rpmbuild -ba gives a successful compile.

Will someone confirm that this is ok and I can install the rpms
produced.?
Ah yes, that would have done it.. The first example would be trying to patch the applet source code before it had been unpacked.

Makes me wonder how those other patches are supposed to be getting
applied (the 3 that occur before the unpack).
It's just the gnome applet which gets unpacked separately, those first few patches are against the main program code.

Regards,
Jon.