Re: Bad news on LEAP fix patch - the story continues

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 22:27 +0100, Jon Escombe wrote:
> ----- "Aaron Konstam" <akonstam sbcglobal net> wrote:

> > > Well spotted, I'd missed that.
> > > Fingers crossed that was the missing piece and the patch is okay ;)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Jon.
> > Well that is right ,I blew it. I will make that change and try again.
> > I assume the added line should be:
> >
> > %patch4 -p1 -b .LEAP_passwd
> >
> > Someone let me know if this is not correct.
>
> Yep, that last parameter is just a suffix for a backup copy of the file, so can be whatever you like..
>
> The last spec file I have has the applet patches in a second section (just underneath the tar command), you'll want to put this one there too..
>
> Cheers,
> Jon.

Now we are really getting into black magic. I changed the lines:

%prep
%setup -q
%patch0 -p1 -b .startup-dhcdbd
%patch2 -p1 -b .linkdebug
%patch3 -p1 -b .no-killswitch-fix
%patch4 -p1 -b .LEAP_passwd

# unpack the applet
tar -xjf %{SOURCE1}
%patch1 -p1 -b .buildfix

%prep
%setup -q
%patch0 -p1 -b .startup-dhcdbd
%patch2 -p1 -b .linkdebug
%patch3 -p1 -b .no-killswitch-fix

# unpack the applet
tar -xjf %{SOURCE1}
%patch1 -p1 -b .buildfix
%patch4 -p1 -b .LEAP_passwd

and now executing rpmbuild -ba gives a successful compile.

Will someone confirm that this is ok and I can install the rpms
produced.?

I think the world is run by C students. -- Al McGuire