Re: NM generates too many error logs - Error getting killswitch

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 20:33 -0400, Benjamin Kreuter wrote:
> On Thursday 05 July 2007 03:56:45 pm Rogue wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I keep seeing the following error in /var/log/messages appearing quite a
> > few times!
> >
> > Jul  6 01:19:12 Xymnotune NetworkManager: <info>  Error getting
> > killswitch power: org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.KillSwitch.NotSupported -
> > Access type not supported
> >
> > and this message keeps repeating itself. Any ideas why this is happening
> > and how do I prevent it from happening?
> >
> > System Info:
> > NetworkManager-gnome-0.6.5-7.fc7
> > Dell D810 - Intel pro wireless 2200
> >
> > thanks,
> > Rogue
> >

> Rogue --
>
> NM will automatically poll any killswitch that it finds every 5 seconds or so,
> that is why your error keeps occurring.  I'll look into this error and have a
> fix (possibly a patch) by tomorrow.

Yeah, if you could take a look that would be great.  I guess my
suggestion is to strcmp() the returned error.name for
"KillSwitch.NotSupported" and if that == 0, don't print anything.  That
just means that the running HAL doesn't support the killswitch
interface, which is true for most people out there now.