Wireless hotkey support

I've just submitted a patch to hal that should result in hitting a
wireless hotkey sending an event over dbus. The obvious next step is
that n-m should catch this and toggle the wireless state. However, I'm
not entirely clear what level this should be done at - the daemon or the
applet? I'm leaning towards the daemon, since it's a system-wide event
and should ideally work even if there's no user logged in. Any other
opinions?

Secondly, there needs to be some mechanism for keeping track of the
hardware state. While some buttons are implemented in software, others
are in hardware. It's important that we not get into a state where
hitting the hotkey disables the radio while causing nm to bring up the
interface, or vice-versa. Right now, different drivers seem to expose
this information in different ways, so presumably we want to look at
implementing this in hal as well?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org