Re: Errors running current SVN code

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 07:14 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager \
>      --print-reply /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/ath0 \
>      org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Devices.getProperties
>
> See if any of the network object paths look funny.

Indeed, they do - this command includes various normal networks, and
sometimes (not consistently) includes the invalid one.

Tracing back, it appears that the problem originates either in
wpa_supplicant, or in the code that talks to it. My debugging shows
supplicant_iface_scanned_ap_cb() in nm-device-802-11-wireless.c is being
called where the ssid entry has entry.array_len equal to 8, but where
the entire entry.bytearray_value is zeroed.

Any ideas? This is running version 0.5.7 of wpa_supplicant, if that
helps.

Simon.