Re: can't connect wirelessly:T60 thinkpad

(re-added list to CC)

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 06:16 -0800, thabani smith wrote:

> (left hand side of the touch pad; it is
> on when being pulled to the right) "where can i find this?is it the
> one next to the 3G card slot", sorry if it's a stupid question.

Google image surch returned this for 't60 wireless switch':

http://www.linuxsoft.cz/img/t60/radio_switch.jpg

(front view of the T60)

On that picture, wireless is switched on.

> commands:
> 1. lspci
> 2. iwconfig
> 3. ifconfig

<snip>

> with iwconfig, i get the following
>
> lo        no wireless extensions.
> irda0     no wireless extensions.
> eth0      no wireless extensions.
> sit0      no wireless extensions.

As far as I know, the device does not show up as long as the switch is
turned off.

   Timo