Re: can't connect wirelessly:T60 thinkpad

Hi Thabani,

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 22:40 -0800, thabani smith wrote:

> I recently installed the latest version of ubuntu but my machine does
> not detect the wireless.
> I am using IBM thinkpad t60,I did install the 'network manager applet'
> i.e network-manager &
> network-manager-gnome.
> I did check the wireless radio if it was turned on from the BIOS, all
> is fine.
> But that as well didn't help,i still cannot connect wirelessly. Can
> you advise me on what to do?

First, please ensure that the wireless switch is set to 'on'.  You will
find it in front of your machine (left hand side of the touch pad; it is
on when being pulled to the right).

Also, as the T60 uses Intel Pro Wireless 3945 chip, please make sure
that you have running the required regularity daemon ('ipw3945d').  I'm
not familiar with Ubuntu; there's probably someone else on the list who
knows how to deal with packaging questions for your distribution.

   Timo