Re: cAtivation (eth0/wireless): couldn't send wireless configuration to the supplicant.

On Saturday 06 January 2007 15:47, Joan Moreau wrote:
> Darren Albers wrote:
> > On 1/6/07, Joan Moreau <joan moreau m4x org> wrote:
> >> The version provided by Ubuntu (0.6.3) just says "No network devices
> >> found". I guess they did not test the software before releasing it.
> >
> > Joan, that message is because the Ubuntu package will not manage any
> > devices that have configuration information beyond DHCP in
> > /etc/network/interfaces.
>
> Everything is well configured in the Network manager of Gnome/Ubuntu.
> But still, the applet 0.6.3 (from Ubuntu) does not show any
> connection... :-(

No problem (usually) in Kubuntu - and the network stuff is all the same.  I
did, once, have a situation where NM refused to respond to connection events
from my wired NIC.  Rebooting fixed that (and in retrospect, probably
restarting DBUS would have done as well).
--
derek