WEP storage when not using Gnome or KDE

Hi all,

Sorry if this is not necessarily the correct place to be seeking help,
but I am at my wit's end trying to get NM to let me store my WEP
keys. I do not run Gnome or KDE, but rather Sawfish by
itself. However, I know enough to start up gnome-keyring-daemon, yet
having this running seems to do nothing. I never am prompted for a
passphrase, nor am I given an option to save the WEP keys that I use
and instead have to enter them each time.

To make matters even more bizarre, whenever I try to run
gnome-keyring-manager, it gives me an error claiming that the keyring
daemon is not running! This would seem to be the source of the
problem, since other programs claim this to be the case as well,
however ps verifies that there is, in fact, a process running.

Is there some other daemon that needs to be running in the background
for me to get this to work? I have thus far been unsuccessful in
finding the answer to this since most of the documentation related to
getting WEP keys saved assumes one is using either Gnome or KDE.

Thanks,

--
Michael V. De Palatis
Georgia Institute of Technology