Re: udev rules to turn networkmanager on and off?

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 00:58 -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a tablet (compaq tc1000) with a flaky atmel wireless card that
> cuts out about once a day.  When that happens, I can't get the carad to
> start back up again without rebooting, and sometimes even that doesn't
> work.
>
> Foretunately I have a prism2_usb wireless device that I can just plug in
> to the ocmputer when that happens.  The device works fine but doesn't
> play with network-manager proerly -- n-m sees it, but isn't able to
> identify networks to which it might connect.

Which driver is this?  Last I knew, most of the USB wireless drivers
really sucked for anything automatic, weren't in the upstream kernel,
and had horrible WEXT support.  So it's likely no wonder it doesn't work
well with NM and wpa_supplicant...

Dan