Re: NetworkManager does not work with my ipw3945 network card

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 12:30 +0100, Piotr Wawrzyniak wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I am using hp laptop with fc6. It has the intel wireles network card, that is
> supported under linux (ipw3945 driver). I managed to set the network
> manually. Both secure (wep, wpa, wpa2) as well as nonsecure connections works
> very well. But when I use networkmanager I am not able to connect to network.
>
> The log from the networkmanager can be found at: http://piti.vsv.pl/log.txt.
> It seems that wpa_supplicant has some problems with connection ('AP_SCAN 1'.
> Response: 'UNKNOWN COMMAND' ), but on the another hand when I do i manually I
> can connect without any problem. When nonsecure network is set, the log look
> the same.

If you see UNKNOWN COMMAND, you'll need an updated version of
wpa_supplicant (0.5.x or later) or a patched version of 0.4.x that
accepts the AP_SCAN command.  Your usage of a wrong version of
wpa_supplicant means that NM will fail to connect to _anything_.

Dan