Re: networkmanager fails to associate (ipw3945)

On 2/28/07, Derek Atkins <warlord mit edu> wrote:
"Rodney Morris" <rodamorris gmail com> writes:

> NetworkManager works for me.  I can attached to open, WEP, WPA-PSK,
> and WPA2-PSK access points.  The following is the information on my
> distro, ipw3945 drivers, and IEEE 802.11 stack:
>
> 1) Fedora Core 6
> 2) Kernel 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6, i686 version
> 3) Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Network Connection driver for Linux, 1.2.0d
> 4) IEEE 802.11 data/management/control stack, git-1.1.13

Have you tried hidden-SSID, open networks, too?

> Rod

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available

No, I've not tried tried to connect to a hidden-SSID, open networks.
Currently, I'm at work and unable to perform such a test.  I'll test
that set up tonight and report my results.

I'll also perform test hidden-SSID with WEP, WPA-PSK, and WPA2-PSK
configurations if anyone is interested; however, I won't be able to
perform those tests until this weekend.

Rod