Re: Why I can't use NM (but want to)

On 2/25/07, David R. Litwin <presently42 gmail com> wrote:

At school:

My college uses the kind of connexion which demands that one log in to the
network in order to use the internet (i. e. to get an I. P. address, if I
remember correctly.). With NM, I can not do this. KNetworkManager shows the
establlishment of a connexion to be at 57% (if I'm lucky and it makes it
past 28%) and then, as it tries to get an IP, fails. I try to open my
browser to log in, but the log in page does not display. Therefore, I can
not get connected to the network and internet there whilst using NM. To
solve: Allow me to log in to the network.

Is your school using some type of EAP or is it a web based login?