Re: networkmanager fails to associate (ipw3945)

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 13:53 +0100, dragoran wrote:
> Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 10:29 +0100, dragoran wrote:
> >
> >> I recompiled ieee and ipw3945 and it now works with wpa_supplicant
> >> without any problems (using the wext driver).
> >> but nm keeps asking me for the passphrase and never connects.
> >>

> > Hmm; can you get some logs of NM during the connection attempt?  They
> > should get dumped to /var/log/messages.  Basically, it may be the case
> > that NM isn't passing the same options to wpa_supplicant as your
> > testcase is using, but we don't know what those options are.
> >

> nm output to syslog is attached (note: ignore selinux messages I did run
> setenforce 0 before doing this test)

Does this wpa_supplicant config file work for you?

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel

ap_scan=1

network={
	ssid="mynet"
	proto=WPA
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	scan_ssid=1
	pairwise=TKIP
	group=TKIP
	psk="<your key>"
}

If not, we need to figure out why that doesn't work.  The config above
is essentially what NM is pushing to wpa_supplicant.