Re: Recent change in NM under Fedora?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
On Monday 05 February 2007 08:05, dragoran wrote:

I haven't seen any breakage in FC6 nm package. If restarting
NetworkManager (without pcmcia unplug&plug) does not do the trick then
either the driver is broken or you need a new card.
Works perfectly under Windows XP.

My question actually was: Has there been a recent Fedora update of NM?
if you are not using rawhide than NO.

I'm not using rawhide.
I am running Fedora-6 with the standard yum repositories - extras and updates.
I run "yum update" more or less nightly.

As I said, the behaviour of NM on one of my laptops appears to have changed.
This uses an Orinoco Gold PCMCIA card, (firmware version 8.72),
which seems to work OK under Windows.
Under Linux the connection is lost every 10 minutes or so.
I can usually recover it by the command "sudo iwlist eth1 scan".
This starts the wheel in the knetworkmanager icon turning
(I'm running KDE) and then the connection usually resumes.

This happens even when I am close to the Access Point.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

knetworkmanager has been updated recently:

* Fri Jan 26 17:00:00 2007 Dennis Gilmore <dennis{%}ausil{*}us> - 0.1-0.6.svn20061113

   - build against dbus-qt package