Recent change in NM under Fedora?

Has there been a recent NM update under Fedora?
My network connection has started going down every 10 minutes or so,
in a place where the signal is very strong.

I have an Orinoco Gold PCMCIA 11b card on my laptop,
running the latest firmware (version 8.72).

I find a combination of the following 3 steps re-establishes connection:
(A) re-insertion of the PCMCIA card;
(B) running "sudo iwlist eth1 scan";
(C) running "sudo service NetworkManager restart".

Sometimes A alone suffices;
more often AB does the trick.
Sometimes ABA is needed,
and occasionally the connection LED on the card goes out,
and then ABC is required, or even ABCA.

Any suggestions - apart from getting a new card -
gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366