getting VPN passwords from a script?

I'm using a Softoken one-time key generator to access a VPN.  I'm
using KNetworkManager.  To start the VPN, I run Softoken under Wine,
see the key, and type both that and the Group Password into
KNetworkManager.  (For some reason, KNetMan doesn't do cut and paste,
though nm-applet does.)

Is it possible, using KNetMan or any other UI, to get NetworkManager
to run an arbitrary script to acquire the VPN's password and group
password?

I don't mind some coding, but could use some suggestions on where
to start.

Thanks.

                                        kbob jogger-egg com