device control/sharing

Is there a way to disable NetworkManager from using eth0.  I need to share my wireless connection to eth0 and whenever I plug in a cable to eth0, NetworkManager wants to drop wlan0 and configure eth0 as the default device. Does the SVN releases have multiple device control with static settings? If this was the case I could use iptables to configure my NAT and problem solved. Is the something I will be able to achieve or should I just configure each device manually and drop NetworkManager? (which is hard to do because this is a setup for a friends laptop that does not have any linux knowledge and needs to share his wireless access through eth0 so he can use his xbox live in another room in his house)

Running Fedora 8.

Thanks,
Steve