Re: Roaming to (none) ((none))

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 21:28 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Michael Biebl schrieb:
> > Michael Biebl schrieb:
> >
> >> So, NM is obviously getting the wrong freq from the card.
> >
> > Narrowed the problem further:
> > iw_get_ext() in nm_device_802_11_wireless_get_frequency() sets
> > wrq.u.freq to 0.
>
> Actually, it's 1.0

Hmm; it could be that NM needs to do channel -> freq conversion here.
It's a bit undefined whether drivers pass back the channel or the
frequency.  So I guess NM needs to handle both.  There's defined
semantics in the iw_float part to flag whether the returned value is a
channel or a frequency.

Another possibility is that the driver has some issue with getting the
frequency off the card periodically.