Re: NM drops WPA connection

Marcello Musso wrote:
> Hi,
> I have network-manager 0.6.5 installed on Ubuntu Gutsy. I use a Broadcom
> 4318 wireless card with Ndiswrapper.
> Everything used to work fine, but now if I try to connect to a WPA
> encrypted wireless network then I am disconnected after a few minutes.

What changed on your system? If you haven't changed any software and/or hardware since it used to
work, it is likely that the interference changed. If you control the access point, try channels 1,
6, or 11 to see if that helps.

> The nm-applet in the system tray still says I am connected, but I have no
> networking whatsoever.

That is only one of the problems with using a Windows driver - you get the "stability" of Windows!!!
FWIW, my BCM4318 connects to a WPA-PSK TKIP network and never loses the connection. Oh yea, I'm
using b43 as the driver.

Larry