Re: My Laptop

Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
Broadcom wireless is only partially reverse engineered.  I tried the
b43 driver in FC8 on the BCM94311MCG in my new laptop.  It worked, with
WPA even, but I got kernel exceptions, DMA exception, and eventually the system
froze.  I would say it is not ready for prime time.  (I will be looking for
where to helpfully report the exceptions for those trying to debug
the thing.  I suspect donations of relevant hardware are most useful.)
No problems with the zd1211 driver and USB key.

I'm sorry that you had troubles with the BCM94311MCG in your laptop, but I think most of your problems are fixed in driver b43 in any of the 2.6.24-rcX kernels. In any case, the place to report such problems is bcm43xx-dev lists berlios de I have both rev 1 and 2 of that PCIe card for my laptop, and I have no kernel or DMA exceptions, the system never freezes, and my throughput is higher with the b43 driver than with Windows using the Broadcom driver.

Larry