Re: ppp using NM

On Dec 4, 2007 5:20 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> I assume there's a way to get the DNS info and other stuff out of pppd
> and push it to NM so that NM can handle the stuff instead?

Oh, yeah. The pppd module we have already does it and sends all the
info (like ip, netmask, routes, dns, even wins) to NM. NM however just
ignores it right now (see the nice FIXME: at
nm-serial-device.c:ppp_ip4_config()). The main reason I haven't done
it is yet is that I don't think libnl functions we have for setting
all sorts of stuff (that's not about DNS though) work with ppp device.
I'm not sure though. Anyway, once that fixme is fixed, we need to make
pppd to not set it somehow and it's been a long time since I looked at
it and I don't remember how easy that is.

Tambet