Re: ppp using NM

On Dec 4, 2007 10:12 AM, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007 10:08 AM, Tambet Ingo <tambet gmail com> wrote:
> > On Dec 4, 2007 4:58 PM, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
> > > Just out of curiosity what cards have you tested with?
> >
> > As I said, I don't know of anyone else other than Jon who has
> > successfully tried it. I don't know what card he has, but mine is
> > Huawei e630. (I also know it doesn't work for Dan but I'm sure he'll
> > fix it :)
> >
> > Tambet
> >

> Ok cool, I have access to a pretty wide range of cards (I currently
> use a sierra wireless 860) so if I can get some free time to test I
> can probably throw a few at it.
>
> Thanks!

Doh, I just realized that most of the other cards I have are CDMA
(Verizon and Sprint) so that may have to wait until CDMA support drops
in.   From a configuration standpoint they are the same as the GSM
devices except they require you to send your phone number as the
username as well as a password (Sprint and Verizon use generic
passwords, Verizon's was vzw last time I looked).   They create a
generic serial device just like all the GSM cards.