Re: Unmount drives before closing PPTP vpn

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 23:26 +0100, mr wizard wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 at the moment and I'd like to unmount some
> network drives when I close my PPTP VPN connection. I found
> NetworkManagerDispatcher, but that doesn't seem to care about VPNs or
> ppp connections at the moment.
>
> Am I missing something, is there another way to do this or should I
> just wait until it gets fixed?
>
> I have looked at the code but I got lost pretty quickly between the
> different daemons, programs and plugins (also, I've never worked with
> DBUS).

One thing to think about: the VPN gets torn down when you loose your
connection.  So does your unmount operation still work OK (and not block
until a TCP timeout or something) when the connection is already torn
down and you no longer have a route through the VPN?  This will _always_
be the case, even if there is eventually an advisory VPN termination
signal.  There will always be the case of an interrupted connection.