Re: Will the next version of NetworkManager be able to deal with changing nfs systems?
- From: Derek Atkins <warlord MIT EDU>
- To: Robert Smits <bob rsmits ca>
- Cc: NetworkManager List <networkmanager-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Will the next version of NetworkManager be able to deal with changing nfs systems?
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 20:09:13 -0400
Quoting Robert Smits <bob rsmits ca>:
I'm new to this list and can't find the answer in the archives, and search
does not appear to work.
I have a laptop running the SuSe 10.2 KDE desktop and I can't use
KnetworkManager and NetworkManager to handle my network connections because
NetworkManager doesn't seem able to handle changing nfs networks. This means
I'm forced to use ifup with scmp to change my profiles as I move around, and
I'd much prefer NetworkManager.
Will the next release deal with this? Do we know when? What can we do to
Why can't you write a Dispatch script to handle it for you? NM runs
a bunch of scripts when the network goes up and down, and you can
run the scripts to handle the processing.
Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)
URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/ PP-ASEL-IA N1NWH
warlord MIT EDU PGP key available
] [Thread Prev