Re: [ipw3945-devel] chaning mode only when interface down?

On 8/2/07, Johannes Berg <johannes sipsolutions net> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 14:48 +0200, dragoran wrote:

> > Nono, you cannot solve it in the driver. The whole design of mac80211
> > mandates that assumption and I think it is a valid one to make.
> why? did the old way (allow mode changing while up) caused any problems?

Why should it be allowed? Can you come up with a good reason for that
since you lose all state anyway when doing mode transitions?

Until then (and I guess somebody *really* wants it) it's just a lot
easier to not even try to change these low-level things while the
interface is operating.

ok fair enough