Re: [ipw3945-devel] chaning mode only when interface down?

Johannes Berg wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 15:17 +0300, Winkler, Tomas wrote:

There is a definitely a known issue in the driver that we still need to
resolve, but I agree with Johannes that there is a problem in design of
the configuration as well.

Nono, you cannot solve it in the driver. The whole design of mac80211
mandates that assumption and I think it is a valid one to make.
why? did the old way (allow mode changing while up) caused any problems?