NetworkManager Reconnect Attempts

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has implemented a reconnect attempts feature in NM, i.e. instead of failing it would try say 3x to connect using the selected profile. Currently it just launchers wpa_supplicant for a time interval of 20 seconds(or longer if u patch) and if it connects fine, but if wpa_supplicant fails it gives up. This atleast for me would get around the hassle that sometimes it would seem wpa_supplicant needs to launch a couple of times before a connection takes place.